A Fresh Night Time Skincare Regimen
Let’s be honest, how many of us mom, wives, entrepreneurs, do-it-al-women promise ourselves that monthly visit to the spa? Very few! Which is why, years ago I developed my own little spa, at night time, right before bed. It gives me alone time away from my boys, quiet, and oh yes! layering luxurious products on your skin in the hope that I can wake up with one less wrinkle or not so zombie-like dark circles makes everything better. And no, the products don’t have to cost an arm and a leg to feel luxurious, so here’s what I’ve been pampering myself with lately:
1. Start by removing the bulk of your makeup. Bioderma Solution Micellaire removes any trace of mascara, eyeshadow and even falsies. It’s gentle on your eyes and does not dry your skin like most cleansing waters do.
2. I always follow up with a foaming cleanser. I have discovered LANEIGE Multi Cleanser. Skin-perfecting papaya sweeps away dead surface skin; micro-cellular beads gently remove impurities, melting away sunscreen and makeup. Instantly brightens.
3. I’ve always been a squeaky-clean face type, so every few days I follow up with my beloved Clarisonic and a few drops of MURAD Refreshing Cleanser. It is amazing how much more makeup these two bad boys remove even after my cleansing water plus cleanser!
4. I never believed in serums but I have been a loyal fan of Dr. MURAD skincare for over ten years so when I stumbled across a serum that promised me supple skin I didn’t hesitate. The Complete Reform with Glyco Firming Complex is plastic surgery in a bottle. My skin has never felt so supple and elastic. It’s my must-have before moisturizer.
I follow up with LANEIGE Water Bank Gel Cream. My skin immerses in moisture for 24 hours. The six hydrating ionized minerals in Hydro Ionized Mineral water replenish and lock in moisture while Winter Cypress Polysaccharide extracts soothes irritated skin. Cooling and ultra light, its silky texture makes it the perfect choice for warm climates and oily skin. It goes hand in hand with the Water Bank Eye Gel. Eye hydration reaches new heights with Biogen Technology. I honestly see a fresher, more radiant appearance.
5. And to seal it all in every few nights I spot treat the occasional blemishes with MURAD Clarifying Mask which I leave on overnight, along with what has become the World’s best selling mask: LANEIGE Water Sleeping mask. Highly concentrated, this unique mask’s ionized mineral water and ceramics deliver intensive doses of moisture to stressed, parched skin. Aromatic Sleepscent – orange flower, rose and sandalwood – relaxes and rejuvenates while apricot and chestnut extracts brighten and purify fatigued skin. The result: skin looks and feels radiant, refreshed.